Question of the Day:
- What does cell respiration and photosynthesis have in common?
Cell Respiration and Photosynthesis are in common because the products of each process are the reactants of the other
The demonstration of this is as follows:
- Cell Respiration: O2+Glucose –> CO2+H2O+ATP
- Photosynthesis: CO2+Light+H2O –> O2+Glucose
They are just switched backwards. ATP and Light are both the same because they are a sourse of energy for each process.
A good way to remember the difference between cellular respiration and photosynthesis is by this:
- Photosynthesis takes in CO2, and releases O2
- Cellular Respiration takes in O2, and releases CO2